Wednesday, November 27, 2013

This ain't homework...

Want to get funny looks at a coffee shop? Just do what I'm doing right now. Typing this on my tablet, doing homework with my laptop and texting on my phone. One can never have too much technology right? I'm trying to get all my homework finished before the long weekend so I have plenty of time to devote to making some money online. What? You thought I was going to join the crowds on Black Friday? That is, I suppose one benefit to not having much money. I get to miss out on that tradition. 

I'm still plugging away at this freelancing thing, so far just shy of $300. Really not bad but I feel I'm putting too much time into it. Looking at an average of $10/hr or so right now. Better than any traditional job in this area, but wasn't the Internet supposed to make our lives better? I'm really hoping to averaging closer to $30-40/hr. That of course tells me I need to find another income stream. 

Another fringe benefit of not having residual income is I don't spend money I can't afford to get the newest "get-rich quick" scam. And yes, I've fallen for the hype before. Paid $47 for something that was supposed to make $2500+/month on autopilot. If only it really was that easy. After downloading the "software" I realized I couldn't get it to do anything. A programmer friend of mine looked it over and told me the bad news, "Dude, this thing was designed not to work. Just look fancy." Ouch, call me a cynic but that stuff just doesn't appeal to me.

Reason I brought it up is I was wondering how many others have ripped off like that? Feel free to leave a summary of your story in the comments,  or you can always email me as well. 

wrschuster@gmail.com

Happy Thanksgiving!

William S. 

No comments:

Post a Comment